OK so I'm now going to write some things about an advert that I'm aware lots of people like so I'M VERY SORRY EVERYONE. But I don't like it. I think I appreciate where they're going with it and it's very very pretty from a television production point of view (I live with TV Production students - I can't help it) but whilst watching it I find myself sighing, looking at the time and wondering what to have for dinner. It's so slow moving and I don't really understand what they want the consumer to take away from it? Do Cartier specialise in animal themed jewellery? Something that perhaps I should have looked up before writing this but for us non-fancy-stuff-buffs it's not very clear what's going on. I do love love love the scene with the jewel trees but it's all so slow moving that I think the style of it is much better suited to chocolate or ice cream. Those products that play on the idea of taking your time with something. I'm also not getting the whole elephant with a temple on its back at the end? And a leopard couldn't land on a plane??
Maybe I'm missing something or maybe I'm secretly just enormously upset that I cannot afford such things in life. I can't even afford real chicken at the moment!
Feeling bitter.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Cartier?v=yaBNjTtCxd4
No comments:
Post a Comment